Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
We are working on the Platform which provides the next generation of location based services intelligence. With every connected IoT device or sensor capable of generating and sharing location data, the Platform helps to make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations all in real-time. The Platform is meant to become the go-to destination for location services, supporting not only autonomous vehicles but smart cities and intelligent transportation systems too.
- Directing and managing several, medium to large-sized, and moderately to highly complex projects;
- Ensuring that quality software is delivered according to specification using the correct procedures in line with technical and business objectives;
- Being involved from start to finish in analysis, preparing statements of work for new project proposals, and organizing effective change management;
- Working closely with the stakeholders on both sides to manage the day-to-day work of the development team;
- Establishing a plan for the execution of the project, including a work-breakdown-structure, task dependencies, schedule, and risk mitigation;
- Ensuring that adequate and qualified staffing is assigned for each of the major project areas, in consultation with the appropriate functional managers and team leaders;
- Tailoring and facilitating right software engineering processes and defining the roles and responsibilities of all of the project team members;
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project team members, and influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work, providing timely feedback to individuals and resource managers;
- Ensuring that the projects deliver the desired results - within time and budget - as specified in the project plan;
- Tracking project reporting, team velocity, ensuring key performance indicators reaching success level values;
- Producing agreed regular progress reports on the project status for the Program Committee and company management.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems;
- 2+ years of full-time practice as a Project/Delivery Manager in the software outsourcing industry;
- Previous experience with software development is a plus;
- Experience in managing teams of 5-10 people;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence people, leadership by examples, cultural awareness;
- Experience in requirement analysis, effort estimating, project scheduling, risk and change management;
- Good understanding of different software methodologies - SCRUM, Agile, RUP, Waterfall;
- Experience in software engineering practices, quality assurance, improving team velocity;
- Ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously, resolving interdependencies;
- Upper-intermediate or advanced level or writing and verbal English;
- Experience as a Scrum Master.