In cooperation with the leading global provider of maps, traffic and places data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, Intellias is looking for skilled Delivery/Project Manager with excellent communication skills and strong technical background.
On this position the manager will work as part of large modern program to deliver cutting-edge navigation solution for automotive market.
- Directing and managing a couple medium sized distributed teams: start with 5 FTE, then extend to around 20 FTE;
- Ensuring that quality software is delivered according to acceptance criteria using the correct procedures in line with customer technical and business objectives;
- Being involved in analysis and planning, preparing statements of work;
- Working closely with the stakeholders on both sides to manage the day-to-day work of the development team;
- Resolving task dependencies/blockers;
- Applying proactive risk management techniques;
- Ensuring that adequate and qualified staffing is assigned for each of the major project areas, in consultation with the customer managers and team leaders;
- Tailoring and facilitating the right software engineering processes;
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising team members. Influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work, providing timely feedback to individuals and resource managers;
- Maintaining management documentation;
- Ensuring that the teams deliver the desired results within agreed constraints;
- Tracking progress and team velocity ensuring key performance indicators reaching success level values;
- Producing agreed regular reports on the team's progress status for delivery and company management.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems;
- 3-4 year full-time practice as a Delivery/Project Manager;
- Experience in the software development outsourcing industry;
- Experience in managing teams of 10-20 people;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence people, leadership by examples, cultural awareness;
- Experience in requirement analysis, effort estimating, project scheduling, risk and change management;
- Understanding of different software methodologies - SCRUM, Agile, Waterfall;
- Experience in software engineering practices, quality assurance, improving team velocity;
- Ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously, resolving inter-dependencies;
- Upper-intermediate or advanced level or writing and verbal English;
- Flexibility, emotional maturity;
- Previous experience with software development is a big plus.