Our customer is a technology company that develops routing, server, and storage products for Internet & Media providers, delivering its hardware and software solutions to companies like Comcast and Vodafone. We are looking for build engineer with solid knowledge of Linux fundamentals to join the team that develops and maintains tools which enable development teams to create builds fast.
- Development of tools & CI/CD pipelines aimed to support build process for multiple software flavors (miscellaneous combinations of OS versions & software libraries);
- Low-level administration of Linux Debian;
- Script automation using Python, Perl, Bash;
- Building pipeline for multi-project artifacts (high-load process using 128GBs of RAM);
- Parameterization of user artifacts;
- Current work with subversion, git and with bitbucket for future.
- Ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience with software development (any language/platform) along with 3+ years of experience with Linux administration;
- Strong Linux background specifically in administration and understanding of fundamental Linux concepts (such as networking, system configuration, etc.);
- Experience with build packages (deb, rpm) and build automation with any CI/CD system;
- Understanding of physical systems;
- Understanding in packaging and traditional build concepts;
- Hands-on experience in scripting languages (Python, Perl or shell);
- Docker, virtualization concept;
- Experience with C++ would be a plus, but is not necessary;
- Engineering approach and knowledge of computer systems.